Friday, January 20, 2012 | By: Debbie

Friday January 20, 2012 - Counting those calories..

Well I am off to a good start counting my calories and I have been doing a lot of Internet searches on low calories diets.  It seems that they are recommend for people who have a BMI over 30 which of course I do.   I am trying to stay around or between 1000 or 1200 a day.  Although I did ready that I could go as low as 800 if I keep it healthy.  I am going to the grocery store tomorrow and get some fresh fruit and veggies.  I am also working on my portion control.  We had chicken spaghetti at work today and I had just a cup of it and a large salad with the dressing on the side.  I am drinking water and sprite zero's and I love them.   I had a salad with some grilled chicken in it for supper.   I wish I had some sugar free ice cream, but for tonight I will just have to do with out any thing sweet.  I will for sure have some fruit in the house tomorrow though. 

I have been checking out websites that help you with diets and I like Spark people and they seem to have a lot of users and people who have done great using it.   I have walked the last couple of days for 15 minutes a couple of times a day.  I am hoping to work up to walking an hour a day, but just break it up into short walks each time.  For me to get a whole hour to walk at one time is just not happening now, but I can do 15 minutes here and there at different times.    I miss walking and would like to be able to walk in a 5K by this spring. 

It is funny how hard you work to loose weight and in a blink of an eye you gain it all back.  It seems like it took me forever to lose 50 lbs, but only a couple of days to put it back on again.  I have no one to blame for this but myself and now I have to fight the battle all over again.  I have noticed that I am getting stiff when I sit for long periods of times and I know this is because I have not been getting enough exercise like I should.  So the walking is helping and I have notice the last couple of days since I have been walking that I am not as stiff. 

I am back to writing down what I eat every day and I am going to look for an app for my phone to keep up with it so I can post it on my blog.   Well it is getting late and my battery is about to go on my lap top so have a great day.

4 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

A lot of people like Spark or Livestrong!

Enz said...

What kind of phone do you have? Sparkpeople has an iPhone app!!! There will be lots of calorie counting apps out there :) Just pick the one that you like the look of best.

So glad to see you back on track. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Sparkpeople is a great site! I use to use it but I deleted my account so I could focus more on my blog.

Cathy Yonek said...

I lost about 45 lbs, getting down to 170 on 1200 - 1400 calories average daily. I wouldn't go much lower than 1200 on a regular basis. You still need protein and fuel.