Friday, June 18, 2010 | By: Debbie

I am so glad it is Friday..

Thank god it is Friday..  I am so ready for the weekend and to try out my new wii stuff that I just got today.  I ordered the wii exercise band and leg strap that you put your controller in so that the wii keeps up with what you do.  I will post some pics this weekend or on Monday.    I am going to add a workout log to my blog this weekend on what I do on the wii and when I go to curves.  I try and go to curves on my lunch hour and I really like this.  So far I am exercising 1 hr every day. 

I feel great and I have more energy and I can bend over and tie my shoes now.  I am looking forward to be able to cross my legs again some day.    We went out to
eat fish last night and this is always a challenge, because this is a country fish house and they do not have baked fish.  Fried catfish is their number one food.  So I got a hamburger steak and salad and my husband got a country fried steak, with gravy and fries.   I would love to say that I sat there and ignored those fries, but why lie I had me about 6 of those fries and really enjoyed them.   Six was enough too, I can remember when I would have and could have eaten the whole plate of fries.   Lets face it people french fries are wonderful.    I was so proud of myself and the control that I have over what I ate.   We went home and I fixed myself my small cone of frozen chocolate yogurt.  This has got to be a favorite of mine.  I use a 1/2 cup of yogurt per cone and it is wonderful.

My knee is the best it has been in weeks and I am so glad.  I am hoping to walk in my 7th 5k in a couple of weeks so I am taking it easy on it for now.

I hope every one has a great weekend and a healthy one.


Here is a picture of me and Hubby that was take about 3 years ago.  I have lost 25 lbs since then and it is hard to believe.

11 comments:

x said...

nice choices... have you gotten in the water for workouts?

Vagabonds Mercantile said...

Sometimes we just have to eat the fries. Lets face it if they weren't so darn tasty McDonald's would have long been out of business. You did well. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, fries are good! It's great that you had a few and stopped. I love the idea of the frozen yogurt cones. My hubby loves ice cream and has been missing it lately, so that would make him very happy! Can't wait to hear about your new Wii stuff. And thanks for the nice comments on my blog, I appreciate it.
R

Thunder Thigh Wife said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thunder Thigh Wife said...

Mmmm...Fries.
I'm super glad that your knee is finally feeling better! Have a good weekend!

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi Debbie. Great that you're looking forward to having fun with your Wii.

Glad your knee's feeling better.

Have a lovely weekend :)

Bearfriend xx

M said...

You're amazing! Your 7th 5K! You're going to lose the weight so fast!

Nona said...

So glad you knee is better Debbie and that you can do your 5k again.

And well done on making better food choices.

Have a nice weekend.

Kandykisses said...

Hey Deb, keep up the great work! You're doing awesome! I love using my Wii fit as well, but it's in the basement and not easy to use when my dude wants to watch TV. Take care of that knee and maybe switch to aquafit or cycling to give your knee a break.

Foxy said...

Hey Debbie! How was the Wii try out this weekend? I hope you enjoyed it and had a fab weekend! x

Amber

Foxy said...

Hey again haha, sorry I missed your comment!

You asked about Stones..
From what I know:
1 stone = 14 pounds
or
1 stone = 6.3kg

Which means in total I've lost 40.6kg or 89.6 pounds!