Thursday, March 4, 2010 | By: Debbie

New look

Well as everyone can see I am learning to work with my blog.  I am trying to come up with my own look and not just a standard template.  Everyone give me some feed back on how you think it looks.  The dog is my baby Freckles and she is a sweetie. 

Well I went to walk today at lunch and thought I would try a new park that I found close by.  It is nature trails and looks really nice.  I called and got directions and headed over there.  I bring Freckles to work we me a 3 or 4 days a week and I usually walk at the mall, but I thought I would go walk outside so that she could go with me.  Was not happening, we get to the park and the first think I see is a sign that says sorry no dogs.  Can you belive that a dog is not allowed to walk in a park.  Well that ruined that idea really quickly.  So I will have to leave her at the office or at home if I am going to walk.  I really like walking and would like to try running when I lose some more weight.  I don't think I would like to wear a ipod or anything though, because I like the hear what is going on around me. 

My eating has gone really well I have found a couple of things that I will eat for breakfast that has low WW points and one of them is waffles with peanut butter.  I pop 2 low fat waffles in the toaster and then put peanut butter on them instead of butter and syrup.  They are great and I can eat them on the way to work.  Another thing I like is just plain toast with low fat butter and a piece of low fat cheese.  I can also eat this on my way to work.  I have to leave my house at 6:15 every morning or I am late.  I have to be at work at 7:00 and I have to drive 38 miles one way.  That is the price of living out in the country.  I am going to take some pictures this weekend of our place and post it for everyone to see. 

Well I am having a good day on my diet and the scales are still happy.  Here are some cute sayings I found and I thought I would post them.

Old Farmer's Advice:
  • Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong.
  • Keep skunks and bankers at a distance.
  • Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
  • A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.
  • Words that soak into your ears are whipsered...not yelled.
  • Meanness don't jes' happen overnight.
  • Forgive your enemies; it messes up their heads.
  • Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you.
  • It don't take a very big person to carry a grudge.
  • You cannot unsay a cruel work.
  • Every path has a few puddles.
  • When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
  • The best sermons are lived, not preached.
  • Most of the stuff people worry about ain't never gonna happen anyway.
  • Don't judge folks by their relatives.
  • Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
  • Live a good, honorable life.. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.
  • Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none.
  • Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a Rain Dance.
  • If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.
  • Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.
  • The biggest troublemaker you' ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin'... YOU!
  • Always drink upstream from the heard.
  • Good judgement comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgement.
  • Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin' it back in.
  • If you get to thinkin's you're a person of some influence, try orderin's somebody else's dog around..
  • Don't pick a fight with an old man.  If he is to old to fight, he'll just kill you.
I just loved these and thought how true some were and how funny most of them were.

1 comments:

M said...

Hi there! Thanks for visiting my blog! Yes, I do eat a lot of almonds. I learned from Dr. Oz and other diet experts that eating them 20 min. before a meal can help keep you from overeating. It has really helped me during my journey. They're also full of protein and good fats. I'm following your blog now. Good luck on your weight loss journey!