Wednesday, August 1, 2012 | By: Debbie

August 1st, 2012 - Week 1 - Diabetic Diet..

Okay so far I have not had to many problems except for only being able to have 15 grams of sugar a day.  I am doing okay and as of today I have lost 6 lbs, so it is going great.  I have to go back to the doctor next week and he wants me to have lost at least 10 lbs in two weeks.  I know it sounds like a lot and I ask him that, but he said on this diet I should lose it pretty fast and that is what he wants.  I think they are trying to get my sugar under control without me having to take meds, which is fine by me.   Overall I feel pretty good though and I am going home and get in the pool this afternoon for about an hour and go swimming. 

I have started the process of looking for an exercise bike.  I can not make up my mind to get one that has a regular bike seat on it or one of the new encuberent ones.  I am looking for a used one and I guess I will take what I can afford.

I really miss walking though and hope that losing weight will help with my heel problem and I can start walking again on my treadmill and at the gym.  I have decided to swim 3 days a week and ride the exercise bike two days a week for 30 minutes each time.  This will give me something different and hopefully I will not get bored. 

Have a great day.

1 comments:

MaryFran said...

Great job on the weight loss. Your doctor also realizes that the first few weeks you typically lose pretty fast. :-)

I have a recumbant exercise bike. I like it because it is more relaxed for me when I am riding while watching tv in my house. It's easier on the back (which I have typically had problems with). The con....I think it takes up more room than an upright!

My complaint is that it uses the muscles in your legs a bit differently than an upright bike, so that when summer comes and I get out on my 'real' bike...my legs are not as conditioned as I'd think they should be.

Go into a sporting goods store (like Dick's) and test ride both and see which one you could be most comfortable on for long term. :-)