Tuesday, July 31, 2012 | By: Debbie

July 30, 2012 - Doctor's advice...

I really am trying to get better at posting more, just trying to get in the groove again.  I now have Internet at home so I am hoping to start posting at night.   My last post was a good ass chewing to myself for letting my weight get out of hand and the health problems I was afraid it would cause.  Well I had a wake up call from my last doctor's appointment last week and reality has set in.  I am border line diabetic.  OMG...  What have I done to myself..  Well they put me on a diabetic diet and I have lost 5 lbs in a week.  It is a hard diet in some ways, mostly low carb and I am only allowed 15 grams of sugar a day.  So I am having to really come up with some menu's for myself.  I have hubby on the diet also, but he is not doing so well.  My hubby loves ice cream so there you go..

I am swimming everyday still in my pool in the afternoons.  I will continue this during the winter at my local health plex.  I am also looking for an exercise bike that I can put in our extra bedroom and ride and watch TV at night.  My heels are getting better, but not enough to walk to much yet.  I did make a purchase of some sandals called Teva for people who need support in their heels and arches.  They should be in today.

Well I am going to go and catch up on some posts and see how everyone else is doing.  Have a great and healthy day.

0 comments: