Tuesday, April 12, 2011 | By: Debbie

Tuesday April 12, 2011- Cook out at work..

Today has been busy as always, and it did not help that we cooked out at lunch.  We grilled some chicken wings and had potato salad.  I did not do to bad, but I am into my extra points for the week.  I am cooking hubby some tuna on the grill tonight and I am having deer meat on the grill.  I am going to fix a big salad to go with it and that is supper.   One thing about it hubby is easy to please as long as there is some kind of meat on the table.   I do not care for fresh tuna and so I have to cook to different kinds of meat.  About the only kind of fish I will eat is catfish and I like it baked or fried.  I love shrimp though and like them on the grill. 

I worked on my exercise room some last night and I hope to be done by Friday and start putting every thing back in place.  I miss my wii and my treadmill a lot and I am ready to have them back.  Tomorrow is weigh day again and I hope to have lost at least 1 lb.  I am starting to get frustrated and I know I shouldn't, but I am.  I know it is just no having time to exercise and being so damn tired when I get home to exercise.  My family says that if I would exercise I would have more energy.  Duhhhh  I know that, but I get up at 5:00 Am and I have to be at work at 7:00 am.  Then I am 6:00 PM getting home and time I fix supper and clean up the kitchen it is bed time.  I love advice from people who do not work or have to get up early.   Oh well, enough on that subject.

Maybe I need to take a vitamin or something?  Does anyone else have the lack of energy this time of year or is it just me.  What do people do to get energy, besides taking drugs mind you.  Send me some ideas so that I can get out of this slump I am in.  Have a great day and I hope here is yesterday's food journal.  I scanned it and I hope I can attach it.

PointsPlus™ Tracker entries


Monday, April 11, 2011Morning
1 bagel(s) Bagel Thins 100% Whole Wheat 3
1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter 3
1 cup(s) grapes 0
Subtotal 6

Midday
Veggies Steamed - Quick-added food 0
5 oz Rib eye Steak 6
1/4 package(s) Fat Free, Sugar Free, Reduced Calorie Instant White Chocolate Pudding, Prepared with Skim Milk 1
Subtotal 7

Evening
3 oz cooked lean boneless pork chop 3
1 sandwich(es) Low-Fat Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich 3
1 medium corn on the cob 2
1 medium cooked red potatoes 4
1 item(s) Giant Fudge Bars 3
Subtotal 15

Anytime
1 large oatmeal cookie(s), commercially prepared 2
Subtotal 2
Food PointsPlus values total used 30

Food PointsPlus values remaining 1
Activity
No entries for activity.
Activity PointsPlus values earned 0





5 comments:

Karen Butler Ogle said...

I get the energy lack when I don't get enough protein. The protein is what keeps me going. Maybe you can add a little more dense protein or even a protein shake to your plan. I don't work and I still can't manage to find the time to get in regular exercise. It might be truer to say that I don't have the motivation right now.

Enz said...

Protein is definitely a huge help. I'm like you, up at 430 and not home til 600 p.m. and then still have dinner/clean up/housework to do, but the last week I have been going out and walking or doing something outside and now it's lighter, that truly does help. Start small. Go for a 10 min walk around the block. As the nights get longer and warmer...up it.

Laura Whitfield said...

I've been feeling exhausted lately too. Once I get moving I do okay, but its the forcing myself to start moving that seems to be the hard part. It would help a great deal if the weather would make up its mind I'm sure. We're almost there though!

mimiforfitness said...

Just like you I feel lazy these days. So what I do, is I go for a walk to avoid slouching on the couch the whole day.

Krystle kjb Bailey said...

I think vitamins play a large part in my energy level! I also take fish oil supplements but I don't know if that does anything for my energy. Even if you don't have time for an hour workout.. anything that gets your blood flowing should pump you up for the day. even if it's 10-20 minutes in the morning or at lunch. Something simple and energizing like yoga or pilates. I hope you get some energy soon!! Good luck at WI this week too.