Friday, September 24, 2010 | By: Debbie

Friday 09-24-10 Getting into cooking

OMG I am so glad it is finally Friday, it was so busy at work today that I did not get to post.   I planned on posting tonight anyway since I have Internet at deer camp.  Sometimes it is a pain in the ass living so far out in the country, but I get Internet here at Deer camp but not at home.  I like being able to post at night when I can take my time and really get into it.   Okay enough jabbering for a while, and onto better things. 

I am really getting into cooking since I have been on Weight Watchers and trying new things.  We had catfish for supper last night and it was great.  I cooked it on the grill in my new grill basket.  I took some catfish fillets that weighed about 4 to 5 oz each and sprayed them with Olive oil spray and put some Mrs. Dash on them.

They were crispy and I served them with some steamed veggies so this gave me a low point meal that was wonderful.  


Looks good huh... Well it was good.

Hubby has gone to deer camp with Rusty our puppy so it is kind of quite here tonight.  I do not even have the TV on.  We have  a phone here so I could call one of my sisters or a friend, but I am going to read some posts tonight and catch up on what everyone has been doing this week.  Tonights post is all about food and what I am learning to cook.  Supper tonight was Szechuan-Style Orange Beef with brown rice.  I can have a whole cup over brown rice for 6 points and it was plenty.   I think in my other life I must have been a cook or something, because I am getting into trying new recipes that we have never had.  The only complaint I have is buying the spices is expensive.  So I am taking in one recipe at a time and soon I will have a nice collection of spices.  Here is a picture of supper tonight.


Okay enough about food and cooking, I am off to read some posts.  Here is Yesterdays food Journal..



Have a good night..

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, the food looks yummy, especially the beef dish....maybe you could post the recipe! Don't you just love cooking in iron skillets??? I'm home alone tonight, too!

Patrick said...

SOme mighty fine looking eats there. That catfish looks fabulous!

WWSuzi said...

I love cooking my fish in one of those baskets :) Yummo!!

Floriana said...

That looks delicious! When can I come to dinner :D

Allan said...

Look at the fish and veggies. Great stuff. Now you wrote about a cup of brown rice, cooked being 6 points. That is way too many points on your plan for one starch. Use half that amount, and mix it in with the veggies you have on that plate, and you not only saved 180 calories, you ate a much healthier dinner. Point system is great, use them wisely grass hopper...Love ya

Michele said...

The catfish looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Definitely YUM!

Lesia said...

yum I have never had cat fish I think I need to try it now.

Polar's Mom said...

I just realized the other day that you can buy spices per weight in little baggies at Whole Foods, if you have one of them by you. I thought this was a good idea in case I don't need alot for a recipe or don't really know what the spice may taste like...for the stuff I really like, like sea salt and cracked peppercorn and taco seasoning, there are nice bulk options at Sam's...

Polar's Mom
www.polarspage.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm, yummy! Looks great!
D