Friday, August 20, 2010 | By: Debbie

Friday 08-20-10

Good lord I had a busy day at work yesterday, I did not know whether I was coming or going all day.  We have a new guy in the office and he is learning and I mean really learning.  It has been a long time since I had a truly green person in my office, and let me tell you that patience is not one of my strong points.  I am a hard person to work for because I am responsible for taking care of 4 companies and the employees that go along with that.   I tend to want to control everything instead of letting the people under me handle it.   We are going paperless and it is a hard thing to give up being able to just go to the file cabinet and get what I need.  Welcome to the age of computers..    Oh well enough about work.

I took my mother out to eat last night due to the fact that hubby was working late and I never get to see her.  I talk to her everyday though, but we live 25 miles apart and I work all the time.  We are gone just about every weekend so it is hard to get over there.  I took her to Up The Creek which is a nice seafood restaurant here and the food is great.  Or at least I thought it was.  My mother is skinny and I mean small so she can eat whatever she likes.  She ordered all you can eat fried shrimp and only eat about 6 of them.  I ordered a Blacken Catfish fillet about 4 oz and I had them hold the rice and give me green beans instead.  I also ate 6 fried pickles which were very good, but I did not use the dipping sauce that came with them.  Next time I am going to get a salad and some shrimp.  Eating out is a hard thing to do when you are trying to watch your points.  First of all you do not have any idea how they cooked the blacken catfish and what went on it.  So it is all guess work.  Now me I emailed my blogger buddy Allan this morning and got his input.   Thank you again Allan..

I love the help I get from my blogger buddies and its like having my own private food network of information that I can get info with a few keystrokes.  This is great, so if anyone needs my help let me know. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend and you guys can look for me to blog this weekend.  We have DSL at our deer camp believe it or not. 

Yesterday's food journal..

6 comments:

Allan said...

Cheeseburger for breakfast ? Are the new ones in the box any good. Wife bought them, still in freezer ///

Girlie said...

It's so true!! Eating out is sooo tough. If I know I am going to be eating out, I will go look at the restaurants website before I go and decide on meal then, that way I can review the nutrition facts (so a TON of places don't list them). Keep up the good work! You are an inspiration!

Thunder Thigh Wife said...

Fried pickles? I've heard of them but never seen them on a menu before. Are they good? It's cool that you have resources to answer your food questions that always helps! Hope work isn't so hectic next week!

Patrick said...

Fried pickles rule! Were yours breaded or battered? I ask because you noted them as just 2 WW points, not that I am that in tune with the science behind WW points. I'm sure the size of the pickles you had factor into the math too.

Have a great weekend.

Mark said...

I really love pickles, but I'm not sure about having one fried. That said, most things seem to taste better fried :)

M said...

Eating out when you're doing points can be hard. Sometimes when you think you've ordered steamed veggies, they've actually put oil on them to keep them moist throughot the day. It's very deceiving.