Monday, August 16, 2010 | By: Debbie

Busy Active Weekend..

I had a very busy weekend, and a productive one.  I cleaned house on Saturday and did laundry most of the day.  I did manage to get in the pool and get all the leaves out before it rained again.  It has rained here everyday for an entire week.  I am so sick of it.   Sunday was my husband's grandmothers 99th birthday so we went to the nursing home to see her.  Our son Matt and his wife Heather and Isaac our grandson came and it was fun.   

I walked Saturday morning and afternoon for 30 min each time.  I also walked Sunday morning and evening.  I did not walk this morning even though I had set the clock.  I did not sleep good and kept waking up all night so when the clock went off at 4:30 it was not happening.   I am not a nice person when I have not had enough sleep. 

The best thing about this weekend was my eating.  I stayed on course all weekend and ate pretty good.  I grilled some catfish last night and some tuna and it was great.  I sprayed each piece with olive oil spray and put lemon pepper on it and wrapped in it tin foil.  I put this on the grill and cooked it for about 30 to 45 min.  I served this with salad and a fresh tomato.  My hubby love it and I actually enjoyed it and I am not much on grilled fish.  I am learning to like it though instead of  fried.

I invested in some new shoes this weekend, and they were on sale.  Let me tell you they are heaven on my feet.  No special brand I got them at a place call the Shoe Show for $20.00 and they are great.  No blisters on my heels this weekend and they are as light as a feather.  I hate heavy shoes and walking shoes tend to be heavy to me.  Here is a picture of my new walking shoes.  I wear a size 9, I know I have big feet.



Here are my journals from Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  I tried to post on Sunday but our connection just would not let me upload pics.  I keep hoping that we will get DSL soon.  Have a great day...





7 comments:

Allan said...

You need to go to Walmart and get a grill basket for fish or veggies. Should run $5 or $6 max. Sits on the grill with a handle. Put fish in the holder and grill a few minutes on each side maximum. In the tin foil you are steaming the fish. Not bad, just not the same as a tasty grilled fish... All easy to do... Use Catfish with seasonings you like. Tuna is way to expensive right now...

T&T said...

You are doing so wonderful. I can't believe how much physical activity you get done. Impressive.

Thunder Thigh Wife said...

Sweet deal on the new shoes! They look nice! I'm happy you have been able to stick on point with eating! Your exercise is pretty kick butt too! I couldn't imagine living to 99...that's awesome!

Jo said...

Great job on navigating the weekend minefield of food, and of keeping up the walking. Cool shoes, too!

Ice Queen said...

I wish I could wear a nine. I am a ten.

Wide.

Urgh!

You are rocking WW like you invented it, girl. :D

Lanie said...

I was going to recommend doing the fish the same way Allan said. It's so tasty you will never go back. It's also better for your budget (less foil expense) and the environment (less waste, less cooking time). Try it and let us know!

M said...

Journaling has been such a lifesaver to my journey. I know it can be a pain to write every single thing down, but it will pay off and you see it pay off every week! You're doing amazing in your transformation. The right shoes make all the difference!