Thursday, July 22, 2010 | By: Debbie

1 lb lost & a bad Hubby...

My second weigh in and I lost 1 lb.  I was hoping for 2, but I will take one.  I am hoping that when he takes me off the meds for my knee today that I will start to lose more.  I am proud of my 1 lb though and I figure a 1 lb a week is 52 lbs a year so slow but sure.     I hope to lose 5 lbs a month so that by Christmas I will have lost 25 lbs. 

Okay now I need to vent a little.   My wonderful husband and usually he is great, but yesterday he pissed me off.  I talked to him about my going to my WW meetings on Wed. and he agreed to start supper.   I laid out my catfish before I left that morning, got the dish out to bake it in.  Laid all the ingredients on the counter.  He knows how to make this dish it is his recipe.    I do not get out of my meeting till 6:00 pm and it takes me 30 min to get home.  I decided I better call him on my way home to go ahead and start the veggies.   I call he picks up the phone and guess what..  You got it,  he has not even started the fish yet.  He was outside talking to a couple of friends that drop by for a beer.  His answer was I did not want to be rude and go in the house.  Duhhh ask them in the house while you prepare the fish to go in the oven.   So I have to prepare the fish, put in on to bake and start the veggies.  We are 8:00 eating, which is late considering we have to get in bed by 9:00 to get up at 4:30.    I was to mad to discuss it with him last night, but this morning we had a coming to Jesus.   I told him that I was going to be going to WW every Wed night and that was his night to fix supper.  I do not care if he cooks it, makes sandwiches or goes and gets it.  He said okay, and of course he was sorry.   This is my night and I intend to not miss a meeting.   So we will see what happens next week. 

Alright enough bitching for one day.  I really had a terrific meeting last night and an eye opening meeting at that.  We had a lady come in and join last night that needed a walker to get around on.  She weighed probably around 350 I would guess and I saw myself in a few years if I do not stay on course.  She was 58 years old and her knees were giving out.   I really liked her and we talked about exercise and walking.  She is trying just to walk around in her house for 15 min at a time and then set down.   I suggested water exercise at the Health Plex and she is going to check on it.  For all you that have been keeping up with my blog you know that I am having knee problems.  It has gotten better since I started all this exercise and have lost weight.  So I am more determined than ever to lose it and keep it off.    I gave her my phone number if she ever wanted to just talk when she is down or anything.  I think it helps having someone other than your family to talk to when you are depressed or thinking about going on a binge.  Now me I have all of you wonderful blogger buddies to vent to and get comments to help me stay motivated.  So if I have not thanked you for following my blog lately.  Thank you, thank you....

Here is yesterday's food diary.


Have a nice day.....

6 comments:

WWSuzi said...

Congratulations on a great weigh in!

Amanda Kiska said...

Hi Debbie,

I saw your comment about the dogs on Mary's blog and had to come over. Then I saw you have Aussies and I was even more thrilled! I have a beautiful Australian Shepherd named Brody. He'll be 7 in November. He is just the best dog!

In fact, I just might write about him today!

Bye! http://amandakiska.blogspot.com

Lori Ann said...

Good job losing!!

Also, I love how you stepped up to be a friend and helper to the new member - shows what kind of great person you are.

Have a great week.

Vickie said...

Good job on the weight loss!!! You're so right about those 1 pound losses adding up over time. You mentioned seeing yourself in a few years in that lady who came to your meeting. You know, the reason I finally buckled down and joined WW is that in reading so many blogs of people's weight loss struggles, I came to realize that so many of the extremely overweight women were women just like me...and that I could easily be where they are at if I didn't change the way I was living. Not in a judgemental way...just a realization that I was no different than the women whose struggle has landed them there. This blog world has been eye opening for me!
Hugs
Vickie

M said...

You are such a wonderful person. You probably made the woman's day. You are so right about getting all the support possible when you're trying to lose any weight. You're awesome.

Lanie said...

Great job being supportive to your fellow watchers!

Sorry about your dinner but you better have a back-up plan for your own Wed night meals if you can't count on him. Men!