Tuesday, May 25, 2010 | By: Debbie

Magnolia Meltdown - 5K number 6

Well I have not got to post for several days due to being busy at work and no internet connection at home to speak of.   I had a very busy weekend and a long one.   I walked in my 6th 5k Saturday and it was the hardest one yet.   It was called the Magnolia Meltdown for a good reason.  It was hot and hilly.   I started out pretty good but, 30 minutes into it I was in trouble.   There were several hills that did not go straight up but were a slow incline.   This gave my knee hell let me tell you.   I thought with all the physical theraphy on it that I was ready for a walk.  Well the answer was nope, should not have done it.   Also they gave us red T-shirts that were hot and thick.  They really need to re-think the shirts next year.


Now for the grand ending and the last hill.  We came out on the last stretch and there is this sign that says heartbreak hill.  Yep you guessed it a hell of a hill with a big incline for the last 1/4 of a mile.   Half way up I looked at Lorie and told here I was not going to make it.  There was a cop car right behind us and I thought I was going to have to hitch a ride.   I started talking to myself and thought okay I do a 1000 steps on my wii everynight.  So I started counting the steps in my head and 1149 steps later I am at the top of the hill.   I was so hot and my knee hurt so bad, but I finished.    So more physical theraphy and ice here I come.   I am not doing another one until June 26th and it is close to where I live.


No weight loss this week and I really do not know why.  I have not been bad, I think it may be the meds for my knee.  I am retaining a lot of water.   Here are the pics from the Magnolia Meltdown.  


We look like we are ready.
Here I am before
Here is Lorie
Can you tell it was hot
I like the shirts, but red was to hot of a color.

7 comments:

Patrick said...

Hot & muggy days are so much fun for exercise aren't they? Nice job completing the walk when you faced pain and temptation to quit.

mamajuliana said...

Congratulations on the completion of another walk...I have yet to try my first. But I will get there!

Ice Queen said...

Congratulations on another 5K. I am looking foreward to doing one, one of these days. Something to shoot for. :D

Carrie said...

Congratulations Debbie! What feat. I have a really hard time with hills and incline too...always gets my heart rate way up. Great perserverence!

Corletta said...

Aren't you so glad you did it?!?! Better yet, I know that you are glad that it is OVER!! Though I love races, I love when they are over MORE!!! Congrats ma'am!!!!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations!!! You are awesome way to go :)

M said...

I purchased some kneed supports for when I run. My knees don't hurt during and after my run. Maybe you can look into those. Great job finishing!