Monday, February 27, 2012 | By: Debbie

Monday Feb 27, 2012 - Made it through the weekend..

I am almost glad it is Monday again, in a couple of ways.   I did okay with my eating on the weekend and got up and weighed in on my Wii this morning.  I am still doing okay with not laying back down for the extra 30 minutes that I have each morning.  Portion control is working out okay also and it helps that I am measuring everything.  What I am doing is whatever the serving is on the package that is what I get.  If I make it from scratch then I allow my self a 1/2 cup or a cup depending on what it is.  Last night I made a pasta casserole and I had a cup of it and a large salad.   I have a low cal fudge sickle or some jello with lite cool whip for a sweet something.

I watched this show on TV last night My 600 lb life and I could really relate to those people.  I have parts of me that jiggle when I walk that I would rather not talk about.  One of the things I hate the most about being heavy is my bra straps cutting into my shoulders.  I have the good bras with the gel straps, but it takes a lot to hold them puppies up.   Anyway back to the show about people who weigh over 600 lbs.  I watched the one about the women who lost down to 157 lbs from 653 with surgery.  She has done really well and has even had a baby.    Sometimes I think man it would be great to have surgery and not be able to eat but just a little bit of food.  No do not get me wrong I am all for the surgery if you can afford it, but I can not.  So I am going to have to do it the hard way. 

Here is my weigh in this morning and I have added a new page to my blog to keep up with them.
Have a great afternoon.

I weighed in at 275 lbs.

2 comments:

Enz said...

Congratulations on a successful weekend :)

Mary said...

I always dreamt about the surgery, too. It felt like my only option. But when you look into it, it's got so many risks, not to mention the cost, plus recovery time (it's a major surgery), and you *still* have to eat better and exercise! I'd rather save the money and pain and put in a little hard work. Just keep reminding yourself: it's not easy, but it's worth it.