Friday, March 26, 2010 | By: Debbie

My relationship with my scales.

I sometimes feel like I am having an affair with my scales.  I keep them in my laundry room, where I also keep the Ironing board and various other things that I use everyday.  Now we come and go through the laundry room everyday, so there they set waiting for me like a bird of prey..   They can make my day or ruin it just depending on what numbers come up on that little dial..  Now I know its not really the scales fault, that my numbers are not high or that I have not lost anything, but it does give me something to blame it on.    They can make me mad and I want to throw them out the backdoor or they can make me happy and I want to pick them up and hug them.    I know I need to see a shrink, but when you are on a diet you become strange..   All you bloggers on a diet know what I mean,  we either think about weighing in on a certain day or we weigh everyday.  Now me I weigh every morning.   I come through make coffee and walk straight to the scales.   Hey we are getting ready to go to Georgia to see our grandchildren and I am trying to think of a way to pack them in my suitcase.. Weirdoooooooooo..    

What it is though is that they keep me on track, I know where I am at everyday because of them.  I know by what they tell me every morning that I have to work harder to get better numbers, drink more water or walk a little further today.    So I can live with the fact that I talk to them, now when they start talking back I am moving...

I hope all you bloggers have a great weekend and keep on blogging.....

5 comments:

mamajuliana said...

I haven't stepped on a scale in a long time! I wait until Dr's appointments...I know that soulnds strange, but I tend to sabotage myself. If the numbers are not what I like I tend to go to the kitchen and eat myself into oblivion...real food addict stuff!

I am too attached to numbers, (even size numbers!!!) so the scale part is not part of my healthy living program right now.

I do have a Dr appointment the 4th of April...so we'll see how well I have done since October.

I like your blog!

WWSuzi said...

I admit that if i didn't have the scale around i'd probably panic a little! They keep me accountable!

Mrs.Chubby said...

Have a great time visiting your grandchildren!!!

I only weigh in once a week, but I still get on my scale at home every morning. And its true, it can make or break my day!

Anonymous said...

I call my scale my bad boyfriend. The one you know you should leave, but you just can't because he is so addicting. Yep...I'm a nut.

Ice Queen said...

My scale scares me stupid. I have to talk and argue and yell at myself to even start to think about stepping on mine. Yes... I have issues. lol

If I had to weigh every day or even every week, I would go seriously insane. :P