Wednesday, March 31, 2010 | By: Debbie

Hurt feelings

Boy do I have it bad, I miss walking so much.  I had gotten use to walking everyday and the doctor says no walking for a couple of weeks.  I am going into withdrawals.    I MISS WALKING...  I can not belive that I do, I have only been walking regular for 6 weeks.   It makes me feel better and gives me more entergy. 
My knee is not going to let me though. 


Okay, on to what I wanted to tell everyone.  I stopped by Kroger on my way home the other afternoon.  My knee was killing me and it was swollen really bad.  I started in Kroger and saw one of those carts that you can ride in.    So I thought okay why not, my knee is hurting and I can hardly walk.  I figured that is what they are there for.  I get my few things that I needed and get up to the check out and there is this really nice young couple in front of me and these 2 ladies behind me in work out clothes.  Can you tell where this is going....  Well I start to get out to put my stuff on the counter and the couple in front of me does it for me.  Now for the part that gets ugly.  The work out queens behind me, were talking about me.  Here is what they were saying to each other.


This is them talking to each other:

You know all she would have to do is put down the fork.  I cannot belive that she would use a cart just because she is FAT.   (not over weight, but the F word)   I  think she should be informed that the carts are for really handicap people who need them.    I do not see how she stands being so big that she cannot even walk.  

Now I very seldom let people upset me about my weight anymore, but this brought tears to my eyes.  It really hurt my feelings, not once did they even ask me if something was wrong or if I may actually be handicap.   Now the nice young couple in front of me waited on me to come out to help me with my groceries.  The ask me what had happen and why I needed the cart.   They were so sweet.  Time I got my stuff in the car I was feeling better and it was all thanks to the young couple in front of me. 

People assume that over weight people are that way my choice.  Some of us can not help it. 

Thanks every one for listening to me vent  today.... Keep on blogging....

12 comments:

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie said...

Awww, poor you! I wish you could have run over those "women" (and I use the term loosely here)with the cart. Or at least backed up over their toes, or something!

What goes around, comes around. They'll get theirs, someday Debbie.

I hope your knee gets better soon
(hugs)

WaistingTime said...

Thanks for visiting my blog:) How unfortunate that those people had to show their ignorance and intolerance in that way.

I can identify with your missing walking. Since I hurt my shoulder two weeks ago, I have not been able to do any of my gym classes and I really, really miss them.

M said...

I'm sorry that happened to you. Some people can be so insensitive and ignorant, but there are people like that young couple who have kind hearts. Don't let this get you down any further. YOu're doing great, and pretty soon you'll be able to walk again.

Ice Queen said...

What a couple of biotches. I get so sick of hearing the "Just put down the fork" mantra. If it were that easy, we would all be our ideal weight.

Would you like me to round up a posse and open up a can of whoop-arse on them? *evil grin*

Alyssa Beckham said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

And I hate ignorant people like that. First of all, if losing weight was so easy, America wouldn't have an obesity problem. Second of all, who are they to judge you whether you have a hurt knee or are just being lazy? I don't understand how you using the cart has any effect on them whatsoever.

But, you know, no use getting heated up over them. There are a lot of stupid in the world, unfortunately.

Carla said...

Hi Debbie,
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope you have a really nice Easter!

The Path Traveled said...

I love your blog. Congrats on the weight loss and your journey. Sounds like you have the right frame of mind. Come visit click here if you get a chance. It has totally changed my like. Hope you will read some of my past blog post. Have a blessed evening.

Pamela said...

I'm sending you a hug, Debbie! I also second the person that said you should have run them over with the cart!!

Seth said...

some people just don't get it.

Lala said...

Hi there, I found a link to your blog from Lyn's blog "Escape from Obesity" and I just wanted to say first, how sad it is is that you had to go through that, and second how amazing and impressive I think you are. I am working on losing weight, and I know there's no way I could run a 5k right now. It really breaks my heart that you were treated that way. But, I hope you realize that there a so many people who get it, and who see what an accomplishment it is to run a 5 k (overweight or not!). Sorry that was long-winded :-). Hugs to you, and congratulations!

PurplePoizon said...

Thanks for sharing this~I saw Lyn's post and came here to read it. It really angers me, oh how I would love to slap the workout queens directly in the face! ;o)~ It's a shame that there are people in this world like that--probably mean kids' parents. lol Kudos for you for not sinking to their level, I think I would've turned around and let them have it, then cried myself silly in the car. (((HUGS))) Way to go on your weight loss accomplishments!

Debbie said...

I'm so sorry you were treated that way. There is no excuse for how those women treated you. We should never judge; especially about something we know nothing about. I have struggled with my weight my whole life, and I know it's not as simple as "put down the fork." They obviously have no idea what it is like to be in your shoes, but don't worry; what goes around, comes around. Hang in there!