Wednesday, February 24, 2010 | By: Debbie

Feeling yucky...

I am feeling terrible,  I am catching a cold and it feels horrible.  Looks like we can send a person into space.  Manage for just about everyone to have a phone with them everywhere they go and we can not find a cure for the common cold.  I have cleared my throat so much it sounds like I am trying to start up my husbands lawn mower. 

I did go and walk today however even though I am feeling bad.  I went to the mall and walked on my luch hour.  I am trying to work up to 1-1/2 miles on my lunch hour.   I got in some extra walking yesterday, I had to go to court with my boss and one of our techs.  They let me out at the courthouse and when we were through, I walked back to the truck with them.  They had parked in a parking garage 3 blocks away and on the third floor.  Well both of them together, probably only weight 300 lbs.  I ask them on the 2nd flight of stairs how much weight each one of them could handle.  Whewwwwww, I did not think I was going to make it, but I did and I could still breath.... Yeah....

You know being over weight, fat, obesed whatever you want to call it is not by choice.  Everyone thinks if she would only quit eating she would lose some of that weight.  Or I love this one you have such a pretty face.  Okay, I have such a pretty face can people not look at you from the neck down.  What is the rest of me deformed.  I am an overweight person, not deformed or bent over or dirty.  Family is the worst, always calling me with new ways to lose weight.  They call me and say I just read this on the internet and if you will stand on your head and take this pill you will lose 10 lbs overnight.  Give me a break.  Oh I have to tell this one, my sister and I read that having your ear pierced with a staple would make you lose weight.  Now this was about 6 or 7 years ago and what made me remember this I do not know.   We went to this clinic and they put a staple on the hard part of my ear.   I know it is funny to think about it know, but it hurt like hell let me tell you. 
Oh and I did not lose any weight and my husband had to take the damn thing out with needle nose plyers and I will never live that down. 

It is just funny what people will think of to help me lose weight though... Gotta love them though...
I am going to try this next time I weigh Ha. Ha.

1 comments:

Pamela said...

I saw your comment over at SpunkySuzi's site and it caught my eye when you said you were a Trekkie! I love sci fi! I'm so sorry you're feeling sick and I hope you feel better soon! But way to go on walking anyway!